When it comes to having better sex, getting pregnant, or avoiding pregnancy, women have a new best friend: their smartphones.
Fertility-tracking apps like Glow are quickly becoming the newest addition to a woman's fertility management. All told, Glow has logged the data for 47 million female fertility cycles. It also tracks things like mood, frequency, and quality of sex.
So it analyzed the data and came up with these interesting insights about women's sex lives.
1. Want more sex? Move to Canada. Canadians have sex 45% more often than the average Glow user.
2. But beware: Canada is also a great place to get pregnant. Canadian women get pregnant 21% more easily than the average Glow user.
3. Australians are also having a lot of sex — 37% more than the average user.
4. Australians are also getting pregnant. They have a 14% higher pregnancy rate than the average user.
5. The US is a good place to get lucky, too. Americans have sex 16% more than the average user.
6. The worst place to get lucky? Latin America. They are having the least amount of sex, almost 4% less than the average user.
7. A woman's sexual appetite corresponds to her monthly cycle. Her cycle starts with the first day of her period. It usually lasts about five days. So days one to five are when she's least interested in sex.
8. Lots of women report changes in energy level or mood at that time, which tend to lower their sex drive. Women aren't that into sex for about another week after their periods end.
9. Everyone starts having sex again on day 12.
10. Most women are pretty much having sex regularly on days 12 to 14, which Glow calls the "peak sex" period.
11. In fact, women feel most sexy and want sex the most on days 13 and 14. But here's something interesting: They aren't necessarily having the best, most satisfying sex at this time.
12. The one day of month where women enjoy sex the most is the last day of their cycle, day 30. That's what Glow calls the "peak orgasm" day.
13. Women feel most happy on days 15 to 16, halfway through their cycle and after they've had a bunch of sex the previous couple of days.
14 Glow users have logged 7.6 million sexual encounters in two years.
15. It all adds up to a lot of sex. Every minute, at least seven female Glow users are having sex.
16. By the way, Glow users also reported being in love 2 million times. Glow says it has tracked the sex and fertility cycles of 88,000 couples.
17. Sadly, despite all the sex women are having, not everyone is satisfied with it. Almost one-third of women polled said they'd rather give up sex than their cellphones.
18. But that still means that two-thirds would rather give up their phones than sex.
Read the original article on Tech Insider. Copyright 2017.
Read next: The 'Petya' global cyberattack may have just been cover for an attack in Ukraine