Instagram Competition TandC
Terms and conditions - IFLScience Instagram competition.
HOW TO ENTER
- 1. To participate in this competition, users must follow @iflscience on Instagram, provide one correct answer and tag another Instagram account in order to qualify for the competition. Entries made by direct reply to this T&C page will not be accepted.
- 2. This competition will run until 23:59 on Wednesday 25th December 2019 (“Closing Date”). Entries made after this point will not be counted.
- 3. Winners will be selected at random, after the competition Closing Date, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) above.
- 4. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind - including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the competition.
- 5. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 6. The competition is global, except for IFLScience Limited and IFLScience LLC employees, all contractors and families or anyone directly connected with the promoter.
- 7. Only one entry per person will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same Instagram account, the first entry only will be accepted.
- 8. No purchase is necessary, however, you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the competition, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- 9. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- 10. The prize consists of a merchandise item from the IFLScience store, which has been prechosen and chosen at random for each winner.
- 11. We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- 12. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- 13. The winner will have 72 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select a new winner. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- 14. In order to claim the prize, you will need to provide your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our winner. Further details will then be provided by the Promoter as to how the prize will reach you.
- 15. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 16. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
- 17. By taking part in this competition, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this competition.
- 18. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's prior consent.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 19. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- 20. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Youtube. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to those mentioned. By participating in this competition, you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- 21. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- 22. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- 23. This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 24. This competition is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
25. Promoter: IFLScience Ltd, 6 Kean Street, London, WC2B 4AS England, United Kingdom. Registered Company Number: 09435049